Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: NEW Altec boxes?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking forward to hearing about them Todd.

    Dave

  2. #12
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'd like to start with boxes and then make complete systems. My boxes would be clones. Not "like" or similar but, exact duplicates (except for the name badge).

    My question, what boxes and in what order should I start with. I think I should do it in the following order 1. 620, 2. Model 19, 3. 828, 4. UREI 813

    After the boxes are made, load some with new components and offer the Model 18, Model 19, A-7 and an Altec (GPA) loaded UREI 813 as finished systems.

    Price will depend on cost along with a fair profit.

    I've given the plans to my brother to check out how much it will cost to have the boxes made. I'm starting with the 620 because of it's simplicity.

    Anyone have a Model 19 fit for the trash bin? I want one I can completely break apart (not just separate the top from the bottom).

  3. #13
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was talking to Bill a few years ago and he told me someone was making Model 19 cabinets but, I haven't seen anything about them.

    Iconics has three Stonehenge cabinets showing in their web site, models 1, 3 and 5. See the following link; http://www.iconicspkrs.com/stonehenge.html

    Knock down cabinets wouldn't be all that great. Most people can't put them together right and get professional looking results. Utility cabinets might work as knock downs but, knock downs with finished wood? I don't think that would be wise.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW, called Great Plains today and they *do not* offer any cabinets for sale.

    Dave

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    That's funny - I sent Bill the details and pricing form the cabinet guy, so he knows what they cost. Maybe he hasn't worked out the selling and shipping prices yet, so he's not offering them quite yet.

    I'll check Monday and let you know...

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Steven Dinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2007
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Jammin Jungle Jim:
    Iconics has three Stonehenge cabinets showing in their web site, models 1, 3 and 5. See the following link; http://www.iconicspkrs.com/stonehenge.html
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I must be the lucky one. I've had the boxes, two bum L-pads and one dead 427-8A with two 12" with poor cones but seemingly OK coils for nearly three years, and now the bad transducer is replaced correctly, I have a pad pot replaced and the one that still made some noise no longer sounds like a telephone line. I'm saving to get the woofers to Bill, but I also had to put something in the Advent Loudspeakers I got empty for $5 to sell a receiver, CD/DVD and tape deck and fix a rack cabinet for sale.

    Most of that is in the signature. Nice to find this board, as I'm not really a JBL type and I think I got 208s a couple years back to repay a part of a debt to a guy I work for...cost me maybe 9 bucks at local auction tops. I think my friend Nick has a stray 605 waiting for me, but I'm not sure. Even Model Ones are kinda fun. I see that they sold at around 200 or a bit less at Pacific Stereo and others. I would never expect to find VOTT or Nineteens cheap, so I search for the lower priced stuff and fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.